Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Nicki Bashing Catholic Church

Since Nicki Minaj's debut she has constantly been trying to get to the status level of Lady GaGa. What's so frustrating about this is that while that is all fun-and-games to watch, Nicki has obviously taken it too far this time. Yes, I'm not Catholic but personally I feel that if she had done this to any religion that it should have been an issue. Just because the Catholic Church is going through a lot of problems recently and is extraordinarily corrupt does not mean that it is her place to act upon this and bash the church even more. Attempting to make a statement about an important world issue is one thing, but overdoing it and crossing the boundary is going way to far- which is what I think she did in this case. Nicki had no right to design a performance like that, and it was extremely inconsiderate of the Grammy's and their producers to put a performance on like that. It was an inappropriate and highly controversial performance that she should have known would cause an uproar in the religious communities, so she should have expected nothing less.
Personally, I also think that other religions should voice their opinions on this matter, such as Jewish or Islamic community. I think that if other religions stand their ground and they all stick together then in future situations this would not occur, for the fear of receiving a similar reaction. The public too, should speak up if they disagree with her performance, but I feel like many will not because they don't want to not "go with the flow". By voicing their opinion on such matters we could prevent such matters from occurring again, and creating a bigger joke of the Catholic Church. As I stated before, I'm not even Catholic and I still find this performance offensive to me and to others.

No comments:

Post a Comment